LIGHT AND COLOR TEST
This test consists of a project or research paper of your choice!
Take a look at the following categories and select the one that better suits your interest:
CATEGORY I. ART PHYSICS
Your project should be APPROVED by me before you start working on it.
Please e-mail me with your idea.
Minimum Dimensions of a painting/collage project: 40 x 55 cms
Newton, Einstein, wave, color, prism, polarization, spectrum, sunglasses, rainbow,
Check the PICTURES of the best projects by clicking on the link.
CATEGORY II. RESEARCH PAPER
- Select ONE topic from the list below.
- Investigate about the main ideas given in each topic section
- Minimum of 5 typed pages, double-spaced, font size 12, New Times Roman
- The paper should include annotated diagrams or figures.
- Bibliography and/or internet bibliography (at least two sources)
1. FIBER OPTICS
- Physics of Total Internal Reflection
- What are Fiber Optics and how do they transmit light?
- Applications of Fiber Optics
2. HUMAN EYE
- Anatomy of the Eye
- Vision: light and color
- Normal vision and vision problems
3. THE ELECTROMAGNETIC SPECTRUM
- Electromagnetic waves explanation
- Radio waves, microwaves, infrared, optical, ultraviolet, X-rays, and gamma-rays
4. PHYSICS EXPLAINED
- Color of Sky and Sunset
5. POLARIZED LIGHT and GLASSES
- The physics of Polarization
- How Sunglasses work
- How 3-D Glasses work