Your team will design and construct an electric house with separate series and parallel circuits.
The house will consist of one or two stories. Each house will contain at least the following areas: one bedroom, one bathroom, a kitchen, a living room and a dining room area.
Each individual room will be illuminated by its own light(s).
Your team will provide the materials needed for the house frame, glue, additional tools, decorations, furniture and the batteries.
You will receive:
- Ten small light bulbs- Seven switches - Insulated wire - A motor - Terminal block - X-ACTO knife
- Soldering iron
- The house dimensions are a maximum of 36" x 36" and a maximum of
48" in height.
The 'science fair' tri-fold sturdy foam board is an excellent material for
building the house. You can also use cardboard boxes.
Each house will be wired with 5 different circuits as follows:
- Dining room: must have a chandelier with at least three lights in a
SERIES CIRCUIT with one switch.
- Bedroom/bathroom: must have one PARALLEL CIRCUIT consisting of two switches and at least two lights.
- Living Room: a ceiling fan with a motor and switch.
- Living Room: a lamp with one light and a switch.
- Kitchen: must have a light and a switch.