Physics Photo Project
This project consists of:
- A photo illustrating a Physics concept. - An essay describing the Physics in the photo.
Natural Photos are those that involve everyday situations that may demonstrate a variety of physics concepts. Any spontaneous event
is considered natural.
Contrived Photos are those that are set up to show a particular physics concept or related set of concepts. Contrived Photos represent non-spontaneous events.
- Students should take the pictures themselves!
All photos should be original.
Downloading pictures from the Internet or pictures taken by
somebody else is NOT allowed.
- Photos may be either black-and-white or color.
- Create a blog posting with the title of your photo
- Insert your picture on your blog
- Write your essay on your blog:
- Physics principle represented - Explanation (150-250 words)
If your photo is selected for the AAPT contest ONLY:
- Photos must be neatly printed to 8” x 10” or 8½” x 11” in photographic
paper, photo printed in regular paper is NOT acceptable.
- Minimal manipulation of digital images with the intention of accurately
rendering the subject is acceptable (e.g., small adjustments to
brightness, contrast, color balance and/or sharpness, are acceptable.
No other digital manipulation of an image is allowed.
- An electronic file of the photo must accompany the submission of
This project will be graded as a Test. It is HONOR BOUND. Please do NOT copy a picture or an essay. PROJECT ASSESSMENT CRITERIA
Photo Project Deadline
Thursday April 28: HONORS PHYSICS
Photo Examples: Be original, do not try to imitate!
- 2010 AAPT Photo Contest - 2009 AAPT Photo Contest - 2008 AAPT Photo Contest - 2007 AAPT Photo Contest - 2006 AAPT Photo Contest - 2005 AAPT Photo Contest