- Understand why Physics is the basic science.
- Outline the scientific method.
- Define Physics and explain its role and scope.
UNIT I. WAVES
1.1 Types of Waves
- Define and give characteristics and examples of longitudinal,
transverse and surface waves.
1.2 Periodic Waves
- Apply the equation for wave velocity in terms of its frequency
- Describe the relationship between wave energy and its amplitude
1.3 Wave Behavior
- Describe the behavior of waves at a boundary: fixed-end,
free-end, boundary between different media
- Distinguish between constructive and destructive interference
- State and apply the principle of superposition
1.4 Standing Waves
- Describe the formation of standing waves.
- Apply the principle of superposition to interference.
- Understand the nature of sound waves.
- Describe the characteristics of sound and distinguish between
ultrasonic and infrasonic sound waves
- Find the speed of sound at different temperatures.
1.6 Doppler Effect
- Understand how the Doppler Effect occurs.