UNIT IV. DYNAMICS
4.1 Force and Free-Body Diagrams
- Define a force and distinguish between contact forces and
- Demonstrate proficiency in accurately drawing and labeling
4.2 Vector Addition
- Determine the resultant of two vectors.
4.3 First Law of Motion
- Define mass and inertia.
- State and apply Newton’s first law of motion for objects in static
4.4 Mass and Weight
- Distinguish between mass and weight and calculate weight using
the acceleration due to gravity.
4.5 Second Law of Motion
- Understand the significance of Newton’s second law of motion and
use it to solve problems.
- Define friction and distinguish between static and kinetic friction.
- Understand the factors affecting a frictional force.
- Define the static and kinetic coefficients of friction.
4.7 Centripetal Force
- Explain the acceleration of an object moving in a circle at constant
- Understand that centripetal force is not a new type of force
4.8 Motion in a Vertical Circle
- Analyze and solve problems involving objects moving in vertical circles.
4.8 Third Law of Motion
- Understand the meaning of Newton’s third law of motion.