UNIT V.CONSERVATION LAWS
- Define work and calculate the work done by a force.
- Calculate power.
5.3 Energy: Kinetic and Potential
- Describe the relationship between work and power.
- Calculate the kinetic energy of a moving object.
- Calculate the gravitational potential energy of a system.
5.4 Elastic Potential Energy
- Understand the concept of restoring force.
- Define elastic potential energy.
5.5 Conservation of Energy
- Solve problems using the law of conservation of mechanical energy.
5.6 Linear Momentum and Impulse
- Define the momentum of an object.
- Determine the impulse given to an object.
5.7 Conservation of momentum
- Relate Newton’s Third law of motion to situations involving
conservation of momentum.
- Recognize the conditions under which the momentum of a
system is conserved.
5.8 Inelastic and Elastic Collisions
- Distinguish between elastic and inelastic collisions.
- Analyze collisions to find the change in kinetic energy.
- Solve conservation of momentum problems for both types of