UNIT VIII. DC CIRCUITS
8.1 Electric Current
- Define an electric current and the ampere.
- Describe conditions that create current in an electric circuit.
8.2 Ohm’s Law
- Define resistance and state Ohm’s Law
- Explain the factors affecting the resistance of a conductor.
8.3 Electric Power
- Define power in electric circuits.
- Explain how electric energy is converted into thermal energy.
- Define kilowatt-hour and calculate energy consumption.
8.4 Resistors in Series and in Parallel
- Describe both a series connection and a parallel connection
and state the important characteristics of each.
- State and apply Kirchhoff's laws to calculate the current, voltage
drops, and equivalent resistance for devices connected in series
and in parallel.